Support the Museum – Donations & Membership
Please consider giving to the Maritime Museum of San Diego!
- Membership – New, Renewals, Gift
- Amazon Smile Program
- Promotional partnership with WoodenBoat Magazine
- Planned Giving
- Vehicle Donation Program
- Ticket Donations
Thank you as we begin to thrive once more!
Your continued support and donations have helped to restore the Maritime Museum of San Diego’s operations.
Here is a list of things we have accomplished together this year:
- San Salvador hauled out, painted and repaired
- Californian hauled out, painted and repaired
- Pilot haul out and substantial repair work done
- Substantial repair to Star of India’s chain plates, still in progress
- Star of India mooring arrangement upgraded
- Repair to Berkeley port side gangway between Media and USS Dolphin
- Model Gallery Exhibit and Annex opened
- New archive system for artifacts implemented
- Soviet Foxtrot B-39 Sub exhibit shuttered
- Euterpe figurehead restoration project underway
- Euterpe figurehead restoration project virtual presentation recorded
- Museum fully re-opened daily indoor/outdoor visitor experience
- Gift Shop re-opened
- Docent and crew meetings resumed
- Group led Docent tours resumed
- Weekend Tall Ship Californian Adventures resumed
- San Salvador Adventure Day Sails resumed
- Daily Pilot Boat Historic Bay Cruises resumed
- PCF 816 Swift Boat Naval History Bay tours resumed
- Education programs resumed (2227 students served)
- Private events resumed
- Hosted Maritime Medicine courses
- Public Events Hosted
- Oceanography Merit Badge Days, July 31, Aug 1 & 8
- July 4 dinner
- Star of India 158th Birthday
- Music at the Maritime featuring Haussmann Quartet (Virtual and In-person)
- New Mary Celeste Maritime Mystery Halloween Weekend Event
- Fleet Week Veterans Day Boat Parade Coming Up!
- Return of Boarded! Pirate Adventure Nov 27 and Dec 26
- Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Dec 7
- Parade of Lights Holiday Dinner, Dec 12 and 19
- Tim Flannery & Friends Concert Returns to Star of India Dec 18
Would you like to support the Maritime Museum of San Diego as a volunteer?
Docent training and Tall Ship Sail Training begin in January 2021.
Click Here for information
Or send your donation to :
Maritime Museum of San Diego
1492 N Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
The mission of the Maritime Museum of San Diego is to serve as the community memory of our seafaring experience by collecting, preserving, and presenting our rich maritime heritage and historic connections with the Pacific world.
Make a 100% tax-deductible investment to the Maritime Museum’s mission of preserving our history and you are investing in your communities future.
Museum Store and online Store are closed at this time. We will let you know when we are able to reopen them.
Thank you for your support.
As a member of the Maritime Museum of San Diego, you support our preservation and education efforts, and in return receive many benefits! Bring the adventure and discovery to life as often as you would like – choose the membership plan that is right for you.
Membership packages include these benefits:
- FREE admission
- FREE guest passes & Bay Tour Tickets (4 guest passes & 2 bay tour tickets with each membership)
- Maritime journal Mains’l Haul
- FREE newsletters
- Crew and upper level memberships, includes 2 children per card (if you have more than 2, you can use guest passes for admittance)
- Plus so much more
Join, renew, and gift Memberships.
For more information contact our Membership Coordinator at 619-234-9153 x128
or click here to send email.
Through your membership, you support the Maritime Museum of San Diego, a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and presenting our rich Pacific maritime heritage.
Maritime Museum of San Diego is proud to introduce an exciting new promotional partnership with WoodenBoat Magazine, the premier publication worldwide for wooden boat owners, builders, enthusiasts and designers.
When you use our exclusive website to subscribe, WoodenBoat Magazine will donate $10 to the Maritime Museum of San Diego per new subscriber!
You can support the Museum’s restoration efforts, ongoing educational programs, exhibits and fun-filled cruise events, while enjoying all the exclusive content that WoodenBoat Magazine has to offer.
For more than forty years, WoodenBoat Magazine has provided generations of readers with all the latest news, innovations and thoughtful commentary on traditional methods of boat design, construction and repair, with vibrant photography, engaging feature articles, and detailed project, design and maintenance advice. A one-year subscription includes six unique print issues delivered to your home – save up to 29% off the cost of buying on newsstands!
Subscribe for yourself, or give a gift to a friend, and take advantage of this special offer supporting Maritime Museum of San Diego!
You can follow the link below, call toll-free 800-877-5284 (use the promo code 99MMSD), or stop by the Maritime Museum Gift Store to subscribe in person.
Welcome! We are pleased that you are interested in learning about the many benefits of gift plans. If you have any questions about the best way for you to benefit through a planned gift, please call. A member of our Planned Giving Team will be glad to help you. Contact Development at 619-234-9153 x 126
To learn about:
- Donor Stories
- Gift Options
- Personal Planner
- Washington News
Vehicle Donation Program
A San Diego treasure, the Maritime Museum of San Diego is more than a collection of world-class exhibits and ships. It is a family of volunteers, members, and supporters like you, who are joined together by their passion for the sea, maritime history, and creating an inspiring and enlightening experience for children and adults alike. Thank you for your support.
Donating Is Easy!
Donating a car is easy! And so is donating other vehicles. We accept all types of vehicles nationwide — cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, ATVs, and even boats.
To get started: Click Here
or call 844-790-GIVE (4483) to speak to a representative.
All that you will need to provide is the Certificate of Title upon pickup of your donated vehicle.
Thank you for considering the Maritime Museum of San Diego as an item for your fundraising event.
Due to staffing changes necessitated by COVID restrictions, we are not accepting requests for ticket donations at this time. We look forward to being able to grant requests, when we can increase our capacity.
Join in the adventure! The Maritime Museum of San Diego is home to the maritime story of the West Coast and beyond with one of the most extensive collections of historic ships in the world. Donations & membership helps to tell the maritime story and to preserve these ships.
Every single gift matters. Taken in the aggregate, all gifts, large and small, are essential to the overall goal. So join us at whatever level you can.
Federal ID # 95-2130325
To learn more about the many opportunities to contribute to the Maritime Museum. Contact Development at 619-234-9153 x 126
or click here to send email.