The Maritime Museum of San Diego offers both self-guided and guided group tours to accommodate the needs of school groups, touring groups, youth groups, community groups, Reunions and conventioneers as well as offering a significant discount to groups of 10 or more.
Self-guided Group Tours
Child 12-3 $7.00
Child 2 and under FREE
Entire group must enter the museum at the same time.
Ticket quantity must be 10 or more for discounted group rate.
Travel Industry Wholesale Rates – Self Guided
General Admission Tickets Valid to Explore All 10 Historic Vessels
Reseller Program for Large and Active Groups – Affiliate Portal
Maritime Museum of San Diego provides access to a secure, personalized online reseller affiliate portal giving you the ability to purchase and resell admission tickets to Maritime Museum of San Diego. E-tickets will be created for each Admission ticket you sell with a Pre-printed bar code for gate entry. You may purchase as many or as few Tickets as you need and can chose to be direct billed (credit card required), or company credit card.
For questions, information, or to get started, please fill out this form:
Group Sales on the Web
Maritime Museum of San Diego can provide your company with a link and special Group access code for purchasing/printing individual tickets as needed. Credit purchases only.
Child 12-3 $7.00
Child 2 and under FREE
The Group Reservation Program rates are specifically offered to the Travel Industry and are not advertised to the general public. Reservations can be made in advance, with no contract or advance credit card. You simply pay for the amount of guests that arrive with your group that day. It is a low risk, no money upfront program which is perfect for the group that would like to visit the Maritime Museum of San Diego once or twice a year.
- Group Travel Industry Group Reservation Admission Rates for 2018: $11.00 (regular gate admission is $18.00)
- What are the program rules? For groups of 10 or more. Minimum one business day advance reservation required. Prices are per person.Only one payment method for entire group will be accepted, and will be collected on the day of arrival. One complimentary Tour Guide for the first 25 paid visitors in the group. One complimentary coach driver, drivers license to be shown at Admission Booth, only available in conjunction with a Group Reservation.
- What if the number on my group reservation changes day of? As long as your group still meets the group minimum (10 or more), we only charge you for the amount of guests that walk through the door the day you arrive, no matter what number you originally reserved. There is no deposit required when making your reservation, nor any penalty for changing the day of. Payment can be made prior to arrival with a credit card authorization form submitted to the Maritime Museum of San Diego. Reservations office Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm. Maritime Museum does not hold credit cards on file. If your group has additional guests on the day of, payment must be submitted to the ticket booth at that time. If there are no shows in your group, the credit card originally charged will be automatically refunded at that time.
- What if my group arrives late? Our admission booth is open from 9:00am to 8pm, as long as your group arrives during those times, there will be no penalty if you are late.
- Group Reservations are for 1 group ticket, not individual tickets. This ticket will be given to your organization representative that checks your group in at Maritime Museum’s Information Ticket Booth.
The World Renowned Maritime Museum of San Diego is proud to partner with our travel industry professionals. Contact our Travel Team:
For an additional $7.00 per person you can enjoy a 45 minute narrated cruise on San Diego Bay aboard our fully restored 1914 Pilot boat.
To summarize, your group gets to tour all the Museum’s ships and exhibits for $11.00 and a forty five minute Pilot boat ride for $7.00. That is only $18.00 (adult price) each for adventure and discovery!
For all school & youth group tours: Click here.
Guided tours are led by trained and knowledgeable museum docents who bring history to life through storytelling and reenactment. Tours typically encompass visits to a number of ships including Star of India, HMS Surprise, San Salvador, B-39 Submarine, the 1898 Berkeley and the 1904 Medea as well as our galleries and exhibits which display a wide variety of maritime topics. Any tour can be designed to emphasize particular interests such as subjects related to a school curriculum. See below for detailed information regarding Maritime Museum of San Diego tours.
Docent led guided tours last two hours and can begin anytime between 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Price: $11.00 per adult & $7.00 per child 17 and under.
Group Size: Minimum of 10. Children must be accompanied by adults.
For Docent Led Group Tours
Please call or email to reserve a date (contact at least a week before the day you would like to tour):
- Group Tour Coordinator (619) 234-9153 x124
- Email email@example.com