Location, Hours, Contact Us.
The Maritime Museum of San Diego is located on Harbor Drive near the corner of Ash Street just a few blocks West of interstate 5. From interstate 5 North or South take the “Airport” exit. Look for signs on the freeway and after exiting on to surface streets that read “Embarcadero-Maritime Museum.” They will direct you to the museum.
Maritime Museum of San Diego – Address & Phone:
At Star of India Wharf
1492 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101-3309
CONTACT US – click here
Hours of Operation:
- Open daily 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (*some ships/museum can close for special events/maintenance)
Parking, Public Transportation information, Waterfront Shuttle:
Parking in most metropolitan areas can be difficult, and the San Diego Embarcadero area is no exception. We have a number of public transportation options available. If you are visiting from out of town and are staying close by, we suggest calling a cab, Uber, Lyft, using a bus or PediCab.
- FRED, short for Free Ride Everywhere Downtown, currently operates 22 all-electric vehicles that pick up and drop off passengers in the downtown region. It does so Uber-style, albeit at no cost to the rider.
- Click here for San Diego public transportation.
- Click here for MTS bus schedules.
- Click here for MTS trolley schedules.
If you take the Trolley, the stops are: Green line, Little Italy. Orange line, Santa Fe Depot. Blue line, American Plaza. All are just a few short blocks from the museum.
- Click here for Coaster schedules.
Parking lot location websites:
- Port of San Diego – Downtown San Diego Waterfront Area Parking
- Best Parking
- County Building Weekend Parking
SpotHero is the nation’s leading parking reservation app to book convenient and affordable parking. Apps available for iPhone & android.
Self Parking at museum:
Port Metered Parking: (3 hour maximum), 10am – 8pm – 7 days per week. Certain holidays are free (see meter screen), but time limits are enforced every day, including holidays. Meters take credit cards, ATM and coins. If you plan to visit longer than 3 hours, other parking option would be best.
ADA Visitors Information
Charter Bus Services:
GOGO Charters San Diego
Click here to visit website
National Charter Bus San Diego
Click here to send email
Click here to visit website
Resources to find local hotels
- CLICK HERE Maritime Museum General Admission & Sheraton Harbor Island Hotel & Marina package.
- CLICK HERE For Discount Reservations with Ares Travel.
- CLICK HERE Accommodations in Little Italy, San Diego.
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR STAFF, AND GUESTS, PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF SICK.STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19. Please do not attend if you are sick or experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, body aches, persistent pain or chest pressure, gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
For Up-to-date CDPH information Click Here.
Have questions? Click Here.