Location, Hours, Phone, Contact Us.
The Maritime Museum of San Diego is located on Harbor Drive near the corner of Ash Street just a few blocks West of interstate 5. From interstate 5 North or South take the “Airport” exit. Look for signs on the freeway and after exiting on to surface streets that read “Embarcadero-Maritime Museum.” They will direct you to the museum.
Maritime Museum of San Diego – Address & Phone:
1492 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101-3309
619-234-9153 Ext 101 (for general information)
Hours of Operation:
- Open daily* – 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (*some ships/museum do close for special events/maintenance)
- Fall hours starting after Labor Day weekend – 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Festival of Sail (Labor Day weekend) Friday – Sunday 9:00a.m. to 7:00p.m., Monday 9:00a.m. to 5:00p.m.
Parking, Public Transportation, Shuttle
Parking in most metropolitan areas can be difficult, and the San Diego Embarcadero area is no exception. We have a number of public transportation options available. If you are visiting from out of town and are staying close by, we suggest calling a cab, Uber, using a bus or PediCab.
Here are some links you may find helpful:
Parking lot location websites:
- NEW: Find and reserve a parking space with Parking Panda!
- Port of San Diego – Downtown San Diego Waterfront Area Parking
- San Diego Park.org – Southwest Little Italy/Northwest Columbia
- Park Me
- Best Parking
Metered Port Parking Spaces:
The lot directly in front of the Maritime Museum has Port of San Diego metered spaces. They are enforced 10:00am – 8:00pm Monday – Sunday. Good for up to 3 hours. Port does routinely check if a car has been parked for longer than 3 hours and will ticket. 3 hour time limit applies to Sundays on Port parking. These spaces are not available during some special events and during Festival of Sail.
There are also several day lots (pay to park) within a few blocks of the museum including:
County garage across the street holds about 257 cars, pricing varies $10~$20 per car.
The Midway lot is open to the public.
Take the trolley. Trolley stations have lots at El Cajon, Amaya, Grossmont, Qualcom, Mission Valley, Fashion Valley and Old Town.
- Click here for San Diego public transportation.
- Click here for MTS bus schedules.
- Click here for MTS trolley schedules.
If you take the Trolley, the stops are: Green line, Little Italy. Orange line, Santa Fe Depot. Blue line, American Plaza. All are just a few short blocks from the museum.
- Click here for Coaster schedules.
Port of San Diego Shuttle
Port of San Diego Shuttle 2016 summer schedule. All shuttle stops run along Harbor Drive for just $3.00 per rider all day.Click here for information.