Following State Guidelines, we are open.
To purchase tickets online, click here.
Changes made to protect you on your next visit:
MUSEUM HOURSDaily 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CAPACITYReduced capacity limits number of guests at one time. We will monitor every 15 minutes and may ask for your patience to enter after a short wait.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY
- Cash will not be accepted
- Temperature checks required prior to admittance
- Facial covering required
- Regular sanitation, disinfection and cleaning procedures throughout the Museum
- Easy to locate hand sanitizer dispensaries for use before and after touching handrails and doorknobs
- Social distancing protocol with 6 foot markers (excludes members of same family)
- Reduced capacity to ensure social distancing measures are met
- New One-way tour path created for you to visit a selection of vessels; submarines and enclosed spaces temporarily closed
- Tour begins at Berkeley, and ends with Star of India
- Self-guided only tours available
- Docent, staff and volunteers stations throughout the tour
- Docent led tours discontinued at this time
ON THE WATER ACTIVITIES
- General Admission PLUS Free Historic Bay Cruise - Limited time offer – Terms subject to change – Quantities limited
- Swift Boat Naval History Boat Tours, temporarily unavailable
- Californian and San Salvador Tall Ship Sailing Adventures, temporarily unavailable
Location, Hours, Phone, Contact Us.
The Maritime Museum of San Diego is located on Harbor Drive near the corner of Ash Street just a few blocks West of interstate 5. From interstate 5 North or South take the “Airport” exit. Look for signs on the freeway and after exiting on to surface streets that read “Embarcadero-Maritime Museum.” They will direct you to the museum.
Maritime Museum of San Diego – Address & Phone:
At Star of India Wharf
1492 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101-3309
619-234-9153 Ext 101 (for general information)
Hours of Operation, once we re-open:
- Open daily 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (*some ships/museum close for special events/maintenance)
Charter Bus Services:
GOGO Charters San Diego
Click here to visit website
Parking, Public Transportation information:
Parking in most metropolitan areas can be difficult, and the San Diego Embarcadero area is no exception. We have a number of public transportation options available. If you are visiting from out of town and are staying close by, we suggest calling a cab, Uber, Lyft, using a bus or PediCab.
- Click here for San Diego public transportation.
- Click here for MTS bus schedules.
- Click here for MTS trolley schedules.
If you take the Trolley, the stops are: Green line, Little Italy. Orange line, Santa Fe Depot. Blue line, American Plaza. All are just a few short blocks from the museum.
- Click here for Coaster schedules.
Parking lot location websites:
- Port of San Diego – Downtown San Diego Waterfront Area Parking
- San Diego Park.org – Southwest Little Italy/Northwest Columbia
- Park Me
- Best Parking
- Note: County Building parking during the weekdays opens at 5pm to the public.
Metered Parking: $2.50 per hour (3 hour maximum), 10am – 8pm – 7 days per week. Certain holidays are free (see meter screen), but time limits are enforced every day, including holidays. Meters take credit cards, ATM and coins. Meters north of Hornblower across from Solar Turbines have a 4 hour time limit.
USS Midway Museum Parking Lot @ Navy Pier (Ace Parking): $10 (up to 12 hours) – Lot is open late, but no overnight parking permitted. Evening parking – pay at pay stations when booth attendant is not on duty.
B Street Pier Parking Lot (ABM Parking): Open for public parking when cruise ships are not in Port. Rates vary – see pay stations. Limited Bus & Motorhome parking spaces for $20 for 4 hours.
Spring Hill Suites and InterContinental Hotel (Ace Parking): verify with Ace for current public rates offered – they do have hourly and daily rates. Enter off of Pacific Highway just north of Broadway.
Ace Parking Lot corner of Broadway and Pacific Highway – Fridays starting at 5pm and weekends and holidays only for public parking – rates vary. See pay station on site for rates.
Wyndham Bayfront Hotel on corner of Harbor Drive and Ash Street – public parking at $5 per hour based on availability.
County Waterfront Park (Ace Parking) – underground parking garage off Ash Street, between Harbor Drive and Pacific Highway – public parking Monday – Friday, evenings only and Saturday, Sunday and Holidays all day until 11pm. Rates vary. County also has a garage with over 600 spaces on Cedar Street for after 5pm, weekends and Federal holidays.