Sunday March 12, 2017 – 10am to 4pm
It is in our human nature to have an obsession with GOLD. The value we have put on it captivates, motivates and drives people to do incredible things.
Take a step back in time and experience what life was like for many individuals who risked everything to try and make it rich quick once the news spread that gold was found and how the lure of gold changed and shaped California.
- Pan for Gold
- Make a covered wagon craft
- Ride a Train
- Ride a “Mine Shaft” (age and weight limits apply)
- Lectures about the history of the California Gold Rush
- Ride a Tall Ship and learn the role that tall ship’s had during the California Gold Rush (*this is an add-on activity)
California Gold Admission only prices:
- Adult 18+ $17.00
- Senior 62+, Military w/ID, Students 13-17 years $14.00
- Child 12-3 years $9.00
- Child 2 and under FREE
California Gold cruise aboard a Tall Ship, ticket includes California Gold Admission.
Choose from two 1 hour cruises.
Cruise check-in times are: 12:30, 2:30. Ticket range $37 – $18.
Take a step back to the days of the Gold Rush here at the Maritime Museum of San Diego. Ride aboard the Californian with a narrated history of the role ships played in the California Gold Rush.