Parade of Lights Viewing Dinner 2017
Our annual fundraiser is held aboard the Berkeley steam ferry. Complete with dinner and is a spectacular platform for viewing the Parade of Lights on the bay.
2017 Parade Theme: Arrrgh! A Pirate’s Christmas!
Since the *Berkeley is the judging platform for the Parade of Lights awards, this event is typically a sell-out and its popularity has grown over the years. It is a perfect way to celebrate the holidays with friends and family, while supporting the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
Your Parade of Lights Viewing Dinner Ticket includes:
- Seasonal Music.
- Holiday dinner. 2017 menu will be similiar to the 2016 menu: Carved Roast Beef w/ Aujus, Carved Turkey, Stuffing, Winter Blend Salad, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, French Green Beans, Dinner Rolls and Butter, Holiday Cookies and Coffee Cake, Tea Service, Hot Chocolate/Egg Nog.
- General admission to the Maritime Museum of San Diego. Visit our collection of historic ships while you’re at the party or before.
- One of the best views of the Parade on San Diego Bay.
- If I buy a ticket to the dinner do I have to stay in the dining area to watch the parade? No, we strongly recommend you watch from the other ships for the best viewing.
- Does my dinner price include admission to the museum? Yes it does.
- Can I arrive early and visit the museum? Yes, the check in table opens at 3pm so you can get your wristband and enjoy the museum before your dinner.
- Are there high chairs for babies? No, unfortunately we do not have high chairs.
- Can I bring in my own food or beverages? No, dinner, water and coffee are included with your holiday dinner ticket price.
- What beverages are included with the dinner? Water and coffee are complimentary. There is a cash bar for sodas or alcohol.
- Can I visit the holiday buffet more than once? No, your ticket allows you one trip to the buffet.
- Is there alcohol available? Yes, alcohol is available for purchase at the dinner or out on the mooring platform behind the Berkeley ferryboat.
- Can I bring my food or drinks from the dinner outside to watch the parade? No, all food and beverages must remain in the dining area.
- Can I reserve a table for my family? Yes, however tables hold 8 guests so you may be sharing a table with other families if your party is less than 8.
- Can I see the parade from the dining room? Yes, however we recommend you go outside for the best viewing.
- Can I bring my own chairs to sit and watch the parade? No, we do not allow any outside chairs to be brought in.
- Where can I go to see the parade? You are welcome on any of our ships that are open that day. Some may be closed for maintenance purposes.
- Can I visit the museum after the parade? No, the museum closes after the parade and then all guests must exit the museum.
- Where can I find the menu of what will be served? The menu will be posted on our website weeks before the event.
- Are there any accommodations made for people with disabilities? We have a “lift” for guests who have difficulties with stairs; however, not all our ships are accessible.
- I do not have a printer for my email confirmation. No problem, we can confirm your reservation from your smart phone or picture ID.
- Tables seat 8, smaller parties share a table.
- Assigned with your ticket purchase by zone.
- Groups over 20 should call in to reserve seating: 619-234-9153 ext:106
The Parade of Lights check-in starts at 3pm, doors open 5pm. Check-in table is located inside the Berkeley. Plenty of food, no need to rush.
Dinner available 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. only
The Parade of ships arrives at approximately 5:30 p.m.
For the best parade viewing you are welcome to leave the dinner area and view the parade from any of our open ships.
Warm casual attire suggested.
Please bring an unwrapped toy for the Toys for Tots program.
Glassware, alcohol, and your own chairs are not permitted.
*Note: the Berkeley doesn’t leave the dock.