2021 is over, thank you everyone for making this a great event!
Annual San Diego Bay Parade of Lights Dinner at Maritime Museum of San Diego
2021 Theme: The Twelve Days of Christmas
The San Diego Bay Parade of Lights is a time-honored holiday tradition brought to San Diego by the boating community. Continuing its long-standing San Diego tradition, the 50th annual San Diego Bay Parade of Lights promises to dazzle and entertain during 2 evenings on December 12 and December 19, 2021. Participants in this year’s highly anticipated holiday boat parade will decorate their boats to fit this year’s theme.
Maritime Museum of San Diego has been known for years as the best place on the waterfront to view the annual Parade of Lights on San Diego Bay. Each guest will enjoy a delicious holiday dinner buffet. A no-host bar will also be available 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Parade of Lights Dinner tickets are a great value and include dinner, boat parade viewing and Museum general admission. Dinner guests may check in by 4:00 p.m. to enjoy the included general admission experience and explore the historic fleet and below deck exhibits and galleries before 5:00 p.m. Dinner will be served 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Parade of Lights Menu: Turkey & Honey Glazed Ham, Mashed Potatoes with Giblet Gravy, French Green Beans with Toasted Almonds, Winterblend Salad. Cornbread Stuffing, Cranberry Relish. Holiday Cakes, Coffee, Hot Chocolate & Hot Apple Cider
For vegetarians, grilled tofu with veggies
Tickets are $70 for adults, and $35 for children ages 3-12, Children under 2 are free. Advance reservations only. Tickets include Museum general admission.
Dec 19, 2021 – Book online now!
Dec 12, 2021 – Sales have ended
12th tickets sales ended Friday the 10th, 8am.
The Museum continues to monitor state and county health and safety guidelines that may impact dinner venue operations. Should requirements for admittance change, guests will be notified in advance.
Berkeley indoor dining area.
- Can I reserve a table for my family? Yes, however tables hold 8 guests so you may be sharing a table with other families if your party is less than 8 (in some cases at a larger table seating could go up to 10).
- If I buy a ticket to the dinner do I have to stay in the dining area to watch the parade? No, we strongly recommend you watch from the other ships for the best viewing.
- Does my dinner price include admission to the museum? Yes it does.
- Can I arrive early and visit the museum? Yes.
- Are there high chairs for babies? No, we do not have high chairs.
- Can I bring in my own food or beverages? No, dinner, water and coffee are included with your holiday dinner ticket price.
- What beverages are included with the dinner? Water and coffee are complimentary. There is a cash bar for sodas or alcohol.
- Can I visit the holiday buffet more than once? No, your ticket allows you one trip to the buffet.
- Is there alcohol available? Yes, alcohol is available for purchase at the dinner or out on the mooring platform behind the Berkeley ferryboat.
- Can I bring my food or drinks from the dinner outside to watch the parade? No, all food and beverages must remain in the dining area.
- Can I see the parade from the dining room? From window seat yes, we recommend you go outside for the best viewing.
- Can I bring my own chairs to sit and watch the parade? No, we do not allow any outside chairs to be brought in.
- Where can I go to see the parade? You are welcome on any of our ships that are open that day. Some may be closed for maintenance purposes.
- Can I visit the museum after the parade? No, the museum closes after the parade and then all guests must exit the museum.
- Where can I find the menu of what will be served? The menu will be posted on our website weeks before the event.
- Are there any accommodations made for people with disabilities? We have a “lift” for guests who have difficulties with stairs; however, not all our ships are accessible.
- I do not have a printer for my email confirmation. No problem, we can confirm your reservation from your smart phone or picture ID.
- Tables seat 8 (in some cases at a larger table seating could go up to 10), smaller parties share a table.
- Table asssigned by zone purchased.
- Larger Groups, Questions: CLICK HERE
The Parade of Lights dinner check-in starts at 4pm. Check-in table is located inside the Berkeley. Plenty of food, no need to rush.
Dinner available 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. only
The Parade of ships arrives at approximately 5:30 p.m. ~ 6:00 p.m.
For the best parade viewing you are welcome to leave the dinner area and view the parade from any of our open ships.
Warm casual attire suggested.
Glassware, alcohol, and your own chairs are not permitted.
*Note: the Berkeley doesn’t leave the dock.
General admission to Maritime Museum of San Diego included, explore ships and exhibits before dinner! Museum opens 10am
About the Maritime Museum of San Diego
The Maritime Museum of San Diego experience includes admission to a world-class collection of historic sailing ships, steam-powered boats, and submarine, each offering entertaining and educational exhibits. The 501c3 non-profit Museum enjoys an international reputation for excellence in restoring, maintaining, and operating historic vessels including the world’s oldest active sailing ship, Star of India. Maritime Museum of San Diego is ranked as one of the nation’s top attractions offering self-guided tours, docent guided-group tours, tall ship charters, year round public events, educational programs, and a distinctive venue for corporate/private events. The Museum is open daily along Star of India Wharf at 1492 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101-3309.