Annual San Diego Bay Parade of Lights Dinner at Maritime Museum of San Diego
2023 Theme: Christmas Traditions around the World
The San Diego Bay Parade of Lights is a time-honored holiday tradition brought to San Diego by the boating community. Continuing its long-standing San Diego tradition, the annual San Diego Bay Parade of Lights promises to dazzle and entertain bayfront crowds during 2 evenings on December 10 and December 17, 2023. Participants in this year’s highly anticipated holiday boat parade will decorate their boats to fit this year’s theme.
Maritime Museum of San Diego has been known for years as the best place on the waterfront to view the annual Parade of Lights on San Diego Bay from the Museum’s historic 1898 steam ferry boat Berkeley located along Star of India wharf.
Guests will enjoy a delicious holiday dinner buffet including smoked ham & roast turkey with giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, French green beans, winter blend salad, cranberry relish, rolls & butter chip, holiday cake, coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate and hot cider. A vegetarian grilled tofu and vegetables option will also be available.
Parade of Lights Dinner tickets are a great value, dinner, boat parade viewing, and museum general admission (good before the dinner only), is included with your Parade of Lights ticket.
Dinner guest check-in starts at 4:00 p.m. Dinner will be served 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
A no-host bar will also be available 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Adults $70.00 – Member Adult $65.00
Child 12-3 $35.00 – Member Child 12-3 $30.00
Private Table $560.00 – Member Private Table $520.00
Child 2 & under Free with adult ticket, doesn’t include dinner.
Private table for up to 8, CLICK HERE if you have a larger group, or for other questions.
Advance reservations only.
- Does my dinner price include admission to the museum? Yes it does, visit before dinner only.
- Can I arrive early and visit the museum? Yes.
- Are there high chairs for babies? No, we do not have high chairs.
- Can I bring in my own food or beverages? No, dinner, water and coffee are included with your holiday dinner ticket price.
- What beverages are included with the dinner? Water and coffee are complimentary. There is a cash bar for sodas or alcohol.
- Can I visit the holiday buffet more than once? No, your ticket allows you one trip to the buffet.
- Is there alcohol available? Yes, alcohol is available for purchase at the dinner or out on the mooring platform behind the Berkeley ferryboat.
- Can I bring my food or drinks from the dinner outside to watch the parade? No, all food and beverages must remain in the dining area.
- Can I reserve a table for my family? Yes, however tables hold 8 guests so you may be sharing a table with other families if your party is less than 8.
- Can I see the parade from the dining room? From window seat yes, we recommend you go outside on the Berkeley decks, for the best viewing.
- Can I bring my own chairs to sit and watch the parade? No, we do not allow any outside chairs to be brought in.
- Can I visit the museum after the parade? No, the museum closes after the parade.
- Are there any accommodations made for people with disabilities? We have a “lift” for guests who have difficulties with stairs.
- I do not have a printer for my email confirmation. No problem, we can confirm your reservation from your smart phone or picture ID.
- Tables seat 8, smaller parties share a table.
- Table asssigned by zone purchased.
- Larger Groups, Questions: CLICK HERE
The Parade of Lights dinner check-in starts at 4pm. Check-in table is located inside the Berkeley. Plenty of food, no need to rush.
Dinner available 5:00 to 6:30 p.m. only
The Parade of ships arrives at approximately 6:30 p.m.
Warm casual attire suggested.
Glassware, alcohol, and your own chairs are not permitted.
*Note: the Berkeley doesn’t leave the dock.
General admission to Maritime Museum of San Diego included, explore ships and exhibits before dinner! Museum opens 10am