Join us at the Maritime Museum of San Diego for a spectacular 4th of July!
Our Independence Day celebration includes some of the best fireworks viewing on San Diego Bay, and the chance to explore one of the most amazing collections of historic ships & exhibits anywhere, plus you can watch the fireworks from any one of our ships!
There are many ways to enjoy Independence Day at the Maritime Museum. Both the picnic dinner and fireworks cruise includes admission to the museum and our art exhibits.
- Californian Fireworks Cruise
- Historic Small Vessel Fireworks Viewing
- General Admission
- Picnic Dinner
Fireworks Cruise aboard Californian
For those looking for a more exhilarating experience, the museum is offering a fireworks cruise aboard the schooner Californian. Passengers onboard will experience the awesome power of Californians six-pound deck guns as she joins the fireworks presentation with a rousing broadside.
- Tickets are $85.00 per person.
- Check-in ends at 6:30pm and returns after the fireworks show is over.
- Cruise includes cash bar for guests 21 and up.
Returns after fireworks show approx 9:45pm
Enjoy a bay front cruise on one of the Museum’s smaller historic engine powered vessels.
Enjoy Fireworks from on the Bay!
A unique, fun 4th of July adventure awaits: bring a jacket, comfortable clothes, your camera, a friend or two and celebrate the 4th with us.
- Tickets are $35.00 per person.
- Check-in ends at 7:30pm and returns after the fireworks show is over (approx 9:45pm).
- Food and beverages will not be available, however, you may bring your own. Alcohol not permitted.
- Note: Smaller vessels do not have restroom facilities.
General Admission & Fireworks Viewing Tickets.
General Admission is good for the whole day to explore our ships and watch the fireworks.
Several Maritime Museum ships and the mooring platform (barge) located directly behind the Berkeley will be open to view the fireworks show.
Museum hours for 4th of July, open 9am – close after the fireworks show (approx 9:45pm).
A special discounted admission of only $10.00 will begin at 8:00 p.m. for guests only wanting to watch the fireworks. Maritime Museum closes at 9:30 p.m. Tickets will be available on a walk-up basis at the Museum.
4th of July Picnic Dinner
Details & tickets, available soon.
Additional food and beverage may also be purchased at the Museum Café cart located at the main entrance.
Maritime Museum of San Diego is located at 1492 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101-3309 (between Grape and Ash St.) and encompasses a collection of 10 historic vessels including the world’s oldest active sailing ship, Star of India. Parking is metered for a maximum of 3 hours. Alternative parking options or rideshare services may be helpful on this holiday weekend. Click here for, Parking & Public Transportation information.
- If I buy a ticket to the 5pm dinner can I come back later to watch fireworks? Yes, at 8:30pm guests from the first dinner can come back up to the Berkeley McKinney deck
- Does my Picnic dinner price include admission to the museum? Yes it does.
- Can I arrive early and visit the museum? Yes, the check in table opens at 4pm so you can get your wristband and enjoy the museum before your dinner.
- Are there high chairs for babies? No, unfortunately we do not have high chairs.
- Can I bring in my own food or beverages? No, dinner and beverages are included with your Picnic dinner ticket price.
- What beverages are included with the dinner? Water and coffee are complimentary. There is a cash bar for sodas or alcohol.
- Can I bring my own chairs to sit and watch the fireworks? No, we do not allow any outside chairs to be brought in.
- Can I visit the Picnic buffet more than once? No, your ticket allows you one trip to the buffet.
- Can I reserve a table for my family? No, tables hold 8 guests so you will be sharing a table with other families.
- Can I see the fireworks from the dining room? No, you really need to go outside to see the fireworks.
- Where can I go to see the fireworks? You are welcome on any of our ships that are open that day. Some may be closed for maintenance purposes.
- Can I visit the museum after the fireworks show? No, the fireworks are at 9pm and then all guests must exit the museum.
- Can I bring my food or drinks from the dinner outside to watch the fireworks? No, all food and beverages must remain in the dining area.
- Where can I find the menu of what will be served? The menu will be posted on our website weeks before the event.
- Are there any accommodations made for people with disabilities? We have a “lift” for guests who have difficulties with stairs, however, not all our ships are accessible.
- I do not have a printer for my email confirmation. No problem, we can confirm your reservation from your smart phone or picture ID.