Pirate Parties for Children
Thank you for your interest in the Maritime Museum of San Diego as a venue for your child’s upcoming birthday party.
We offer child pirate themed birthday parties here at the museum for groups ages 5 to 12. The program is structured to offer an educational foundation of exploration and discovery in a fun and safe environment.
Pirate Party times:
12:30pm-3pm on Sundays
Or inquire about a customized timeslot
Swashbuckler Child Pirate Party
$499 2.5 hours for 20 children max (includes gratuity)
- Special prize for birthday child
- Complimentary sword for birthday child
- Complimentary guest pass for future museum visit for birthday child
- Complimentary Pirate Booty Bags for each child
- One Pirate
- Walk the capstan and raise the anchor
- Hunt for treasure chest
- Hear the Story of the Ocean
- Learn history of the ship
- Lesson about foods of the sailor
- “Grenade” launching activity
- Group Photo
- 10% discount in gift shop for all guests for day of party
- Snack/lunch break (bring your own food items)
- Tables and table covering provided (themed party supplies provided by client)
The Buccaneer Pirate Party Add-on $150.00
2.5 hours for 30 children max* (includes gratuity)
- Includes all of the Swashbuckler, PLUS a second Pirate
- *Additional children can be added for $25 each
All Pirate Party packages include:
Pirate Booty Bags
At the end of every treasure hunt, each child will receive a goodie-bag with pirate treasure coins.
Every birthday child gets a pirate bandana, or you can bring your own, but please include matching bandanas for each child if you supply your own.
The birthday child will get a foam pirate sword and marker-pens that he/she can have all of the guests sign. This is a great party memento that the child can keep for years to come.
All-Hands Snack Table
This snack table comes decorated pirate-style and includes linen, snack bowls, and a skull or ship centerpiece (pizza and chips not included)
These are short tables where the children can eat their pizza and cake
We generally use two of our ships for pirate birthday parties. The party starts out on the Star of India and then moves over to the HMS Surprise, and back to the Star of India. On rainy occasions, we may also use the Berkeley Ferryboat (we call it the fort).
You would be responsible for the food and the cake, the utensils, and the pirate booty bags to be hidden and found on the treasure hunt (for First Mate and Captain Packages, booty bags are provided), and we’ll take care of the rest.
If you’re interested in having pizza delivered to the ships for your party, we recommend Fiori’s Pizza: 619-298-6464.
AND THERE YE AAAAAAARRRR!!!
Have a great day, and feel free to contact us with any more questions!
Private Events Administrators – Event Venues, Maritime Museum of San Diego
Phone: 619-234-9153 ext 102
‘N THAR YE BE MATEY!!!
Click here for Pirate Party Event Pictures.
Make your next Child’s Pirate Party unforgettable.