What goes better than a Maritime Museum and Pirates? For two days we host a Pirate themed event, with fun for adults, adults that like to act like a kid and kids.
Aye, if you hear the word PIRATE, it often strikes terror in the heart of any seaman, yet at the Maritime Museum of San Diego the word tingles with fun and excitement, if not suggesting a bit of a devilish encounter.
There is a saying: “Where there is a sea, there are Pirates,” so the Museum holds to the time-worn tradition of swashbuckling Pirates, brandishing their swords, to engage, delight, guide and educate our visitors.
A two day celebration for kids of all ages, will include kids costume contests, carnival games, cannon firings, weapon demonstrations, sword fights, scary stories, and a scavenger hunt for Pirate Treasure which ends at the Parrot Paradise.
- $2 discount for adults and kids in costume.
- No steel weapons allowed.
- All weapons must be peace tied.
- Questions? Call 619-234-9153 ext 106
- Carnival games: 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Berkeley upper deck)
- Cruise with a pirate: 10am, 12pm or 2pm (Californian)
- Costume contest: 11:30 p.m. (Star of India)
- Re-enactors: (ongoing/HMS Surprise)
- Cannon firing: 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- Bay cruises: (ongoing/ Pilot)
- Maritime dancers: 11:30 a.m., and 2:00 p.m. (Sun only)
- Photo opportunity with pirates: (ongoing) back-drop
- Treasure/Scavenger hunt: 10am-3pm
- Sword fight demonstrations: 1:00 p.m. (Star of India?)
- Craft activities: Berkeley dance floor
- Knot tying and rope making (mooring platform)
- Parrot interactions 10am-3pm
- Events & times are subject to change.
On the water Activities
Extra on the water activities you can enjoy during Pirate Days.
Californian cruise with a pirate.
Choose from three 1 hour Pirate cruises aboard the Tall Ship Californian with cannons fired at the ship!
Cost: Adults $35.00 Children $15.00 (12 and under) – includes museum admission!
Check-in times for the cruises are: 9:30am, 11:30am or 1:30pm
Pilot bay cruise with Pirates.
Choose from five 45 min bay cruises aboard Pilot.
Check-in times for the tours are: 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm.
Cost: $5.00, plus museum admission.
Tickets are only sold at the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
Note: No restrooms aboard Pilot or Swift Boat.
“Life is pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be, I’m a Pirate after all.”
Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean