- San Salvador village is now closed to the public.
- San Salvador Project Overview
- Launch Statement April 7, 2015
- Discovery Daily Planet San Salvador cannons video.
- Timelapse video of San Salvador construction.
- You can help fund our launch goal of $15,000. Just a thousand donations of $15.00 dollars each will help us reach our goal. Spread the word and help be a part of history. Click here to launch.
San Salvador paper models.
- Download v1 Advanced Difficulty Level San Salvador paper model. Click here for v1.
- Download v2 Medium Difficulty Level San Salvador paper model. Click here for v2.
v1 is an Advanced Difficulty Level, and v2 is a Medium Difficulty Level.
San Salvador paper models are FREE of charge by the Maritime Museum of San Diego, this model will help teach young and old alike the details of sixteenth-century Spanish galleons. The paper model is made from a series of digital design sheets that are downloaded over the internet and printed out on paper from an ink-jet or color laser printer.
San Salvador posters.
- Available for download, 3 beautifully designed San Salvador posters depicting the design, building, and voyage to California. Click here to download.
- Photographer Jerry Soto’s comprehensive photographic record of San Salvador Construction at Spanish Landing Park. Click Here to view.
- UT San Diego, The Maritime Museum of San Diego’s project to recreate the Spanish galleon San Salvador is making steady progress. Click Here to view.
- Port of San Diego San Salvador Replica Ceremonial Keel Laying. Click Here to view.
- 02-21-2013 – San Salvador 60 Percent Complete After Two Years Of Construction.
KPBS SAN DIEGO — Just across from the San Diego airport, a parking lot is celebrating a major milestone: the two-year anniversary of when it was transformed into a 16th century shipyard. Click Here for Video and story.
- 04-18-2012 – Maritime Museum Rebuilds 500-Year-Old Spanish Ship.
KPBS SAN DIEGO — Historically accurate replica of Cabrillo’s San Salvador will sail to celebrate discovery of San Diego. Click Here for Video and story.
- 04-15-2011 – Maritime Museum Building San Salvador Replica.
10 NEWS SAN DIEGO – The keel of a full-scale replica of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo’s flagship he used in 1542 when he sailed into San Diego Bay was laid Friday at Spanish Landing Park. Click Here for Video.
- 07-07-2011 – San Salvador Replica Ship Under Construction on San Diego Bay.
PORT OF SAN DIEGO – A vital link to San Diego’s maritime history is taking shape at the Port of San Diego’s Spanish Landing Park. Click Here for Video.
- 05-17-2011 – San Salvador Replica construction has begun.
The build-site at Spanish Landing will be open to the public starting June 24th, 2011, where one can observe this historic event. Click Here for Video.
In the News
- 04-15-2011 – Port of San Diego, Maritime Museum Celebrate Milestone in Construction of Historic Ship Replica. Click Here to view.
- Webcam is owned and supported by the National Park Service, installation and hosting by HPWREN – Click Here to view.
San Salvador – Cabrillo’s Galleon of Discovery
After construction, San Salvador will remain on exhibit as part of the Museum’s fleet of historic and replica ships and will travel along the California coast as an ambassador for San Diego.