Sunday April 3, 2016
11:00am to 4:00pm
Congratulations to JD Farrell for correctly guessing the number of M&M’s in the giant jar at the Chocolate Festival!
An event for all ages. Vendors focusing on chocolate edibles, demonstrations and many other interesting activities.
Mars Chocolate History Ambassadors will be onsite to demonstrate the historical bean-to-beverage story of 18th-century chocolate using authentic tools including cocoa pods, cocoa beans and nibs, a hot stone metate, winnowing baskets, chocolate drink pots and stirrers throughout the day. Observers will be able to touch, taste, smell, and experience chocolate as it was enjoyed in early America at every demonstration by sampling AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate drink.
AMERICAN HERITAGE® Chocolate is an authentic historic chocolate recipe developed by Mars Chocolate North America.
- Experience chocolate at our vendor booths
- Chocolate creation demo’s
- Kitchen tricks with chocolate
- Culinary demonstrations starts at noon.
- Build your own Chocolate pizza
- Beer & Wine Chocolate pairings (21+ up)
- Limited sample quantities
- While supplies last
Early Bird pricing!
- For Maritime Museum Members Admission is FREE and sampler cards are available for $5.00 at the door.
- Guest passes and seafarer passes are not valid during this special event.
Chocolate on the seas, for Chocolate Festival:
- Chocolate Goodies will be handed out on all Pilot Bay Cruises. Check-in times end: 11:15am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm. Tickets available at the museum, $5 per person.
- Tall Ship Adventure will have chocolate goodies aboard for sampling. Click here for Tall Ship tickets.
Vendor opportunities: Click Here for vendor application.
®/™ Trademarks © Mars, Incorporated 2016. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.