Positions Open for Maritime Living History Instructor.
Bring history to life! Join our instructional staff in providing award-winning educational programs aboard our tallships! Instructors bring history alive by combining progressive teaching skills and strategies with authentic, hands-on experiences to take students grades k-12 and above on exciting journeys in learning. Programs take place dockside, at the Museum, 1492 North Harbor Drive, San Diego.
Qualifications and Experience
- Two or four year degree in social science, drama, or education (equivalent relevant experience may be acceptable).
- Applicant should have experience working with or teaching groups of young people.
- Applicant should be self-motivated, quick thinking, adaptable, curious and have a sense of humor.
- Background or coursework in California History, U.S. History, education, sailing, drama or music is a plus!
- Approximately 15-30 hours per week (varies week to week).
- This is a seasonal position that mirrors the traditional school year.
- Wage starts at $11.50 per hour with possible increases to $15.00 per hour.
- Employees wear period appropriate clothing and assume historical character roles.
- Up to two overnights per week and some weekend work may be required.
- Meets specific physical requirements of assigned programs.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid.
- Must be willing to participate in drug-testing program.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, prolonged standing and lift up to of 25 lbs unassisted
Conditions of Employment
Method of Application
Send resume and cover letter to:
Education Department Att: Kelli Lewis
Click Here to Email
or Fax: 619-234-9153