Donations and Membership
Join in the adventure! The Maritime Museum of San Diego is home to the maritime story of the West Coast and beyond with one of the most extensive collections of historic ships in the world.
Donations & membership helps to tell the maritime story and to preserve these ships.
Welcome! We are pleased that you have interest in learning about the many benefits of gift plans. If you have any questions about the best way for you to benefit through a planned gift, please call. A member of our Planned Giving Team will be very pleased to help you. Contact Development at 619-234-9153 x 141
To learn about:
- Donor Stories
- Gift Options
- Personal Planner
- Washington News
The Maritime Museum contributes much to the quality of life in the community-much more than maintaining historic and replica vessels. Admissions, sailing activities, and programs generate income and help close the gap between operational expenses and revenues. But it is not enough to cover all the costs entailed in running the Museum. It takes additional resources to ensure that educational programs, historic ship preservation, and exhibits meet the highest standards of international respect and recognition.
To learn more about the many opportunities to contribute to the Maritime Museum. Contact Development at 619-234-9153 x 141
or click here to send email.
Every single gift matters. Taken in the aggregate, all gifts, large and small, are essential to the overall goal. So join us at whatever level you can.
I am helping with the San Salvador project because it is a unique opportunity to participate in recreating the history of San Diego and Southern California. As well, as a volunteer, I am helping to build what will become a valuable hands-on teaching tool for school children and visitors alike.
As a member of the Maritime Museum of San Diego, you support our preservation and education efforts, and in return receive many benefits! Bring the adventure and discovery to life as often as you would like – choose the membership plan that is right for you.
Membership packages include these benefits:
- FREE admission
- FREE guest passes
- Maritime journal Mains’l Haul
- FREE newsletters
- 10% discount at Museum gift shop
- FREE or reduced admission to Museum events
- Travel Program
- Plus so much more
Join, renew, and gift Memberships.
For more information contact our Membership Coordinator at 619-234-9153 x128
or click here to send email.
Through your membership, you support the Maritime Museum of San Diego, a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and presenting our rich Pacific maritime heritage.
Each year the Maritime Museum of San Diego donates thousands of tickets to nonprofit organizations for fundraising events benefiting our community.
Since the Maritime Museum of San Diego itself is a nonprofit organization, we have established the following ticket donation guidelines:
- Your organization must be a nonprofit and must be using Maritime Museum of San Diego tickets as a fundraising item.
- Four general admission tickets are provided per conforming organization and/or event.
- Tickets are valid for one year only from the date that they are put in the mail.
- Requests of donation are limited to (1) one request per year per organization.
- Donated admission tickets are limited to the value of General Admission only and are not valid use for special events, exhibit surcharges, or any event deemed exempt by the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
- No cash value is applicable for donated tickets although they are fully transferable.
- Value of ticketed donations are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Maritime Museum of San Diego.
- The Maritime Museum of San Diego requests that any organization that accepts any donated items place a reciprocal acknowledgment within any marketing materials or programs that support the representative organization and/or the event.
CLICK HERE for online application requesting a donation
All donation requests will be reviewed within two weeks.
Mail your request for donations to:
Maritime Museum of San Diego
Attn: Request for Donations
1492 North Harbor Drive
San Diego, CA 92101
Looking for a venue to host your future fundraising even? Maritime Museum of San Diego offers exceptional nonprofit rates for event rentals. For more information, visit Event Venue Rentals.